Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Surprises!

I LOVE surprises! It's really hard to surprise me because I figure it out every time, I can always tell when somethings up and usually I figure it out. Most the time I don't say anything because I feel bad for wrecking it and i'm just grateful for the surprise. There was one time I was super surprised and that was my 16th birthday party. It was so random, I thought me and my friends were going to Pearl Harbour in the theaters and we had to "stop" to see someones dad or something at this barn? I was so confused but didn't care because I was SO excited to see that movie. Well of course we walked in and SURPRISE! It was great, I LOVED it.



There is nothing like a good old surprise. Other than this one. Remember? Ya my wall is still stained from some of it.


Or when my girls spill cereal from the box all over the floor. That's always fun.



Or when i'm in the shower they find my makeup remover and open it and spill it all over the bathroom floor.


Or when they are taking a "nap" but taking forever to go to sleep and all I hear is jumping around and then some crying, then more jumping, and then crying. So I finally decide to go up and check out what's going on and find them without diapers on and Presley pooped all over the crib and Jayci is in the other corner crying freaked out from it. Oh goodness. That was last week by the way.


Well last week I got another surprise that I totally didn't expect.







It came out of nowhere.







I almost passed out.








and may have cried a little.









well, wouldn't you??......












WHAT THE!!!!!!!



ARE YOU SURPRISED??



SO WAS I!!!!!



Those were my exact words!! "What the?!"I also may have been pacing around my upstairs naked saying over and over "I'm Pregnant, I'm Pregnant, holy crap, I'm Pregnant!!" Your probably wondering why I take my pregnancy tests naked? Ya thought so.



Here's the story! I know your probably dying to hear it!



First of all, we were definitely NOT trying. I was on birth control, I had an IUD in. They are just as effective as the pill (99.9%), which I cannot take because I puke like crazy and pretty much want to die. So i've tried the pill, the patch, and then I decided on the IUD after the twins were born. It has been great! Until now! Holy Mother. Yes i'm pregnant. Just thought i'd confirm it again. This last week has been an emotional roller coaster! Not knowing if it was an ectopic pregnancy (which are very common with the IUD), or if I was going to miscarry because the IUD was still in place. They wouldn't take it out until the blood tests confirmed pregnancy, which took over 2 days. Then I got a little impatient and they sent me for an ultrasound to see where everything was before doing anything. The IUD was far from the sac so my dr. FINALLY took it out. Everything looks great from the ultrasound so we are good to go. That day was also emotional because it confirmed it! I was preparing myself for every option so finally getting an answer was all a bit overwhelming. I cried a lot this past week.



Oh back to why I was naked. I was a day late for my cycle, and normally I wouldn't care. But I had no sign of it and had this feeling that I needed to take a pregnancy test. I know only a day after? I thought it was weird too. So I had one laying around, and decided to take it right before I jumped in the shower and if it was negative I wouldn't tell Dustin (cuz he thinks i'm a freak like that) and just go on like nothing happened, no big deal right? So I did the deed, put it on the counter and covered it up. Next thing you know i'm prancing around nude upstairs in complete shock talking to myself! Dustin was out quading for the day and I had no way to get a hold of him and he didn't get home until 9 that night. Awesome. I was with his family for the day and I called the doctor right away and he got me in that day. Well it took all week to finally get it out and get some answers but i'm glad it's all over and we can now enjoy (while still in complete shock) that we will be having our 4th CHILD, 4TH!!



Do you want to hear how I told Dustin? Well this last month i've been a little overwhelmed with life, him working and maybe being pregnant. ha. Also I noticed i've gained a few pounds and it came out of nowhere and was actually really hard for me. Dustin always told me I was beautiful no matter what and I still looked good. Well that morning he left quading at 5am, losers, and wrote me a little love note on the counter saying bye, have a good day, and so on. Well I thought it would be cute to write him a little note too! It went something like this at the end, "thanks for making me feel beautiful all the time.....etc, and in 9 months when I look like a whale you better still tell me i'm hot and that you want me! Love Mind.



He looks up, "aw thanks babes", looks down at the note, looks up with this look on his face, "are you pregnant?" me, "yes!", him "what, really??" with the BEST shocked and excited look i've ever seen on a face! Me "Yes! I took a test this morning!" He grabbed me and gave me a huge hug and I bawled. It was such a great moment. He was so happy and that made me happy.



The chances of being pregnant with an IUD are slim, the chances of having a NORMAL pregnancy are even slimmer! So all I can tell myself is how meant to be this was. Dustin is so excited and told me he knows it's a boy. Right. BUT he also said he'd be happy with another girl too.



Are you still shocked? Me too.



I also debated whether to tell right away or wait until 12 weeks, but no I don't care, if i'm in shock everyone else can be in shock with me and maybe it'll seem more real! Our families freaked. Both my sister Kristy and Britt wouldn't believe me and told me to prove it. How dare they doubt me. I guess I do randomly say it in conversations, "I'm pregnant!" (cuz it's funny) and eventually they just say, whatever Min, your such a dork.



Well i'm due April 23rd and feeling good so far. I may have lied last post about the tired thing. Or not, because I am anemic on top of it and I have been for a while so the exhaustion just feels normal. But the nauseous has started. It's random and not super bad, but thats about the only symptom I have so far. Oh and bloating, I already feel 3 months and I just found out! Awesome. not really.



It's like i'm just going along living my crazy life and BAM! I'm pregnant, here's a few pounds and some sickness to go along with it!! And i'm supposed to adjust within a week!



We are really excited, and we were going to maybe start trying in the spring, but now i'm DUE in the spring, so a little sooner than planned. But at least we were planning on more kids, so that's a good thing! Dustin just laughs every time we talk about it. I cry. Not because i'm not happy but because i'm still in complete shock. It's a little overwhelming! Mixed with the emotions of pregnancy and the thought of taking care of a house, 3 kids, and ME PREGNANT! I usually come last or not at all. Isn't that normal? I thought so!



I also feel so blessed, that I can have this many children. I love my girls with all my heart so I definitely feel like I have the love to give.



Kyla is SO excited, it's all she talks about. "Mom can I hold the baby when it comes, because it won't be too big?", "Can I hug and kiss the baby goodnight", and this morning Jayci was on my lap, she goes, "mom Jayci can't sit on you she'll hurt the baby!" How adorable is this. It's pure joy, that's what it is. I may be tearing up just writing this, thinking about everything that has gone through my head and now writing it down for the world to see.



I also don't want to talk about the chances of it being twins again. Nope don't want to hear it. But hey, if I did once, I can do it again. Right?



Well there now you know, and now I won't go crazy anymore!

43 comments:

Mandy Baker said...

BAAAAH! HOLY FREAKING CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW EXCITING! i see pictures coming up!!!!!! eeek! congrats!

Jeff and Brit said...

AHH! I'm so excited MIndy!!! Of course I already knew but I for sure enjoyed reading the post! Still can't believe it's true but your gonna be a great mom with 4 no matter what! Love you!

Amie said...

I love this post Mindy. You are such a fun writer. I am excited for you guys! 4 KIDS! Sooooo crazy!

Amy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! wow 4 kids that is exciting!!!

Victoria said...

Congrats Mindy!! That is so exciting.

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

OMG!!!! I am dancing around the room full of happiness for you! What fabulous news Mindy, I am just thrilled for you and your family! Take it easy dear girl xoxox

Tim and Ashlee said...

Wow! Congratulations Mindy! It'll be lots of work for you, but I know you can do it. Cuz it's just like you said the chances are so rare...that this MUST be meant to be.

Dustin, Rachelle & Jaxon Ririe said...

Congrats, Mindy!! That is exciting news! I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly, and that you aren't too exhausted or sick! (PS thanks for freaking me out... I just got an IUD, now I am having some serious doubts! LOL)

Josh J. said...

Wow! Congratulations!! Life is just full of surprises! How fun and exciting and stressful and exciting and wonderful!

{Sarah} said...

Holy Freaking Crap!!! You and Dustin better sleep in a seperate room when you are done having kids! You are one of those people who just looks at him and has a baby? It's only one this time right? CONGRATS!!! I am super excited for you... hopefully you guys get a little boy... maybe one day I will get a little girl!

karlielsa said...

Family of 6, i like the sound of that. Congrats Mindy!

The Anderson Family said...

Congrats again!! It still hasn't hit me yet! It will soon though. How exciting if you had your baby on Emma's birthday. She would love that. But that would require you to go one day over due! I don't wish that for anyone. But it would be cool. Your a great mom and I can't wait to see this little baby!

Astalos Family said...

CONGRATS!! wow, somethings are just ment to be...If anyone could be an amazing mother of 4 it would be you, no doubts about it!!

the fellers said...

HOLY CRAP MINDY!!! I am FREAKING out for you, but SO DANG EXCITED for you too, good thing you guys make dang cute kids! Man, I had an IUD after Rylee too, they really are the best, but maybe I need to be extra careful with the next one...I am SO glad that it isnt ectopic...and that everything looks good, MUST be meant to be! I am so happy, and I promise the note thing and the way the Dustin reacted kinda brought tears to my eyes, remember, I am pregnant too...haha, oh well, I am sorry you havent been feeling all that great, I hope that passes and doesnt get worse! But it sounds like Kyla is a big helper, so that is great! Man, i cant wait to hear more fun stories about this one...maybe it IS a boy! haha, good luck!

Mindi said...

Wow. Yup, I am in shock, right along with you! But...you are right, it's obviously meant to be. Good luck!

linda rae said...

I am SO happy for you!! You are an awesome little mom, and it just made me smile to read Dustin's reaction.

Congratulations!!!

Elysa Johnston said...

So happy for you guys! I predict another girl! Who needs boys anyway??

Meagan M said...

Yikes!! This is a great post!! Congratulations! Things are going to be great - and you'll cope just fine!!

Mackenzie said...

Twin boys, twin boys ... I know that's exactly what you want, so I'm crossing my fingers for you ;)

Jordana said...

Congrats Mindy, that is so crazy! I kind of wondered if you might be pregnant after talking to you at the park on Saturday, haha! That's great news, I'm excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Umm 19 comments already! Wow! haha Congratulations! That is so so exciting! Can't wait to find out what it'll be! Hope you are feeling good!

Elizabeth said...

hahaha.....what a great story! I quite enjoyed it! You are such a great mom to your kids and will be to this new little one. I loved how Dustin responded to your note. Both times when I told Levi I was pregnant he showed me no excited what-so-ever! Not even a hug! Congrats again on your news! Hope your pregnancy goes well.

Anonymous said...

You are too cute! You will do GREAT. I am a little scared now because I got a IUD after Easton! Good luck and Congrats!!!!

Ashley said...

Congrats Mindy! That's really exciting. This is one of those good surprises at least! Even though it is shocking. I have definitely decided against and IUD though. You're the third person that I know personally that has gotten pregnant while using it! Too crazy... Hope you feel better soon!

henline crew said...

Congrats Mindy!! 4 is a good number.

Crystal said...

Congrats Mindy This was a great story. It will be so fun for your kids to read all the fun stuff going on in your lives when they grow up. Congrats again you'll do great!

Mark and Hilary said...

holy moly! Congratulations!!! I hope everything goes well for you!

palegreensocks said...

WHOA Mindy, that was a curveball. In my mind, I was expecting this HUGE bouquet of flowers or your sister Britt gave birth to two babies instead one. CRAZY but so happy for you and your family. This is exciting news! Congrats.

Megan LePard said...

AHHH!!!! That's so awesome you guys!! Congratulations!!

Becky and Kimball said...

I love this post! Too cute! And so excited for you guys!

kelsey said...

this is insane. the post was great. loved all the "are you shocked?" commentary throughout, because yes, I am shocked. 4 kids. wow. you are amazing. i really, really, really hope that you don't get too sick! good luck with everything, i'll be hoping for that boy for dustin!

kelsey said...

p.s. what the iuds? i will never get one. i know at least five people who have gotten pregnant on them, including my mom, sister, first cousin, and now you! CRAZY.

Kelli Olsen said...

First of all...what the 32 comments! (well now 33), you are a popular girl! Congratulations on the pregnancy! How exciting! I know people who have also gotten pregnant on the pill, and condoms, so really, nothing but abstinence is 100%, and whats the fun in that! I guess Heavenly Father had other plans for you and your family! How fun.

Jennie Holt said...

*jaw drop* oh my heck!! congrats you are awesome!! that was so funny! and soooo exciting!!

Carrie said...

Mindy!!! That is so crazy! But so exciting! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

congrats! 4 seems alot bigger than three. i'll watch you then decide on number 4!!! good luck with pregnancy! you'll do awesmoe!!!

Lynn said...

Oh my gosh! I had no clue about your history or the IUD either. But when you mention how tired you were, I wondered.....

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

Four kids + are awesome. You'll do great!

ashley said...

Wow!! Congratulations!! That is really exciting. Big families are a blessing! Glad that your family is so excited!

ashley

The Harker Family said...

Oh my goodness congrats! That is wonderful! What a great story!!!!! You are right, if it is meant to be, it is meant to be, and it surely is meant to be for you! Awesome!!!

Francis Family said...

wow!! Thanks everyone!!!

Amber Holt Photography said...

Congratulations!! What fun but SHOCKING news! You'll do great with all four kids.

Amber Holt Photography said...

Wow Congratulations!! how exciting but I am sure very shocking as well! You'll do great with 4 kids!

angie said...

wowzers! congrats Mindy! that is crazy!

);